Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Pompey Pubs
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> Service Life >> Royal Navy >> Pompey Pubs
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28 Next >>
AuthorTopic
David England
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full
Hi All again
Left Pompey only 5yrs ago and return each year to see children and my grandchildren. I remember big sylv and seeing her doft a bootneck who made eyes and spoke disrespectfully to her G friend, laid him out with one blow. Had to turn away just could not handle the sight.Pompey Lil she was a darling only knew her in the line of duty.The whole atmoshere has gone Im afaid its no longer the matelots paradise it was. There are lots of posh pubs now and there are not enough matelots to spread themselves across the town as in days gone by.
19/02/2006 22:05:39
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
philip wallace
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic
pompey

i have to agree with you there dave pompey has lost a lot of its old charm and characters, but i still love the place to bits.

philip wallace
21/02/2006 12:08:10
Eric Shiell
"janiman"

any body remember an old geezer in the
70s who used to trawl a boozer dressed in a mans suit but wore lipstick makeup earings and beeds nice chap so i was told specially after a few woods navys

eric
21/02/2006 12:12:32
philip wallace
Add Forum Tag

pompey

eric, the chap your on about was guilda, one of the great characters of the sixties, completely head shot, sadly story has it he was knocked down and killed by a car in the 70s. will we ever see the likes again?

philip wallace
21/02/2006 12:41:35
Eric Shiell
"janiman"

hi phil, the bloke guilda as i remember him was a very friendly and always bought you a drink as me and an oppo always rememberd he was the type of character that you would always remember 30 years on....eric
21/02/2006 13:45:16
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap