Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Back to the bad old 30’s
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Hot Topic >> Back to the bad old 30’s
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next >>
AuthorTopic
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Membership Level: Full

Quoting: Don Knight
One question, all these poor people queueing for charitable handouts, (food), these I take, †are the unemployed with families, if they are not buying food with their benefits, what are they spending the money on??? surely the first priority for a family man/woman is to feed the kids.

I agree that the 5p in the pound tax relief to the richest is a kick in the teeth to the rest of us, but in the grand scheme of things it does not amount to enough to make any appreciative difference to the economy.

Whichever way you view it, we are in this together, the subtle difference is, the wealthy can afford it, always have, and always will.

Please stop refering to call me Dave as a conservative, he uses that title, but has no more idea of the meaning of the word, than his ability to flap his arms and fly.

Alright Don, Thanks for being the only poster to answer the questions.

The largest increase in the handout queues is from the low paid & the recently redundant. The food is only given out after a means test.

The 5p in the pound works out at over £1000 per year in the pockets of the very rich,when you take in the increase in the tax free allowance & pensions then deduct all the cuts in allowance & benefits levied on the average low paid worker, pensioner & unemployed they will lose between £54 - £150 per year.

The only way we can all be in it together is if we all suffered loss & hardship but the current administration have taken from those who can least afford it & given it to very rich. They even refuse to tax the massive bonuses paid to the bankers & they’re the ones that caused this problem.    

A situation may be desperate but never serious
29/04/2012 18:59:52
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Quoting: Mike Pass

Certainly canít get me on that ticket!!!!!!!

Alright Mike, Very true me auld mate at least you’re consistent in your condemnation of ALL politicians.

29/04/2012 19:03:18
Colin Davies
"Sit vis nobiscum."

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons

Alright Colin, As I was the first to point out that it was under Labour administration that I had hardship I think your theory Iím in some weird & wonderful way "upset that we also pointed the finger at the previous administration as well!" but I will point out it wasnít the "previous administration" that created the laws that have caused this current hardship for some but plenty for others. I also note that you havenít answered the three easy questions.

Three easy answers to three easy questions, No, no & no.

But then, I would think that the way the question is phrased anybody would give the same answers.
29/04/2012 19:12:10
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Quoting: Colin Davies

Three easy answers to three easy questions, No, no & no.

But then, I would think that the way the question is phrased anybody would give the same answers.

Alright Colin, Thanks for that, I only put down the bare facts in my questions & to be honest no reasonable man could help but think the situation is wrong no matter how it was worded.

29/04/2012 19:44:56
Colin Hall
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons

Alright Colin, Thanks for that, I only put down the bare facts in my questions & to be honest no reasonable man could help but think the situation is wrong no matter how it was worded.

So what you’re saying Scouse, in your own words,"no reasonable man"  is that anyone not in agreement with you is unreasonable!
29/04/2012 20:11:53
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap