Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - smoking
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Hot Topic >> smoking
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Don Knight
"Quis custodiet Ipos Custodes"

Membership Level: Full
I’ve omitted the dongle droop.

Never say a humorous thing to a man who does not possess humour. He will always use it in evidence against you.
08/04/2012 19:28:02
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Just as a passing thought, if you washed your car & parked it over night in the North Liverpool areas of Bootle, Seaforth or Waterloo the next morning there would be a thick sticky coating covering it, a mixture of coal dust, wheat dust, fine rust & carbon dioxide do you think that that would help the old ticker & wind bags?

A situation may be desperate but never serious
08/04/2012 19:56:30
Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence
"Little Mo"

Membership Level: Basic
I am an ex smoker but unlike a lot of you i am not a hypocrite. When we smoked we did it on buses, trains, cinemas, in fact just about everywhere, but we did it IN PEACE with nobody interfering, but now because youíve managed to stop you get the holier than thou attitude and condemn the people who do smoke. Smokers who are invited into my home have the freedom to smoke if they wish(so far no one has) but the offer of an ashtray is there if itís needed. I think some of you ex smokers need to come down off your high horse and remember when you were the ones who were blowing all the smoke around, itís not something you can conveniently sweep under the carpet because you donít do it any more, so i think a bit less criticism of smokers is called for.
When it comes to chest problems my father died from collapsed lungs but it wasnít from smoking, they were full of coal dust as he was a coal miner.

Last edited by Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence

Last edited by Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence

Proud to be a Celt.
08/04/2012 20:24:23
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Quoting: Don Knight
Iíve omitted the dongle droop.

Alright Don, I’ve smoked from the age of 11 & much to Mine Fuhrers annoyance my little friend stands to attention no problem. If smoking reduces the ability it’s a good job or the boss would have changed bedrooms long ago.

A situation may be desperate but never serious
08/04/2012 20:56:46
john daly
Add Forum Tag

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons
Just as a passing thought, if you washed your car & parked it over night in the North Liverpool areas of Bootle, Seaforth or Waterloo the next morning there would be a thick sticky coating covering it, a mixture of coal dust, wheat dust, fine rust & carbon dioxide do you think that that would help the old ticker & wind bags?

Scouse. with your reputation re. Hubcaps etc. i think if i parked my car in the ’Pool overnight, the following morning maybe  i might be short of breath but not from smoking.

In bygne days when i did stay in  your fair city it was shanks pony
08/04/2012 21:09:56
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap