Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - black versus white
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> Topical News >> Topical News Items >> black versus white
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >>
AuthorTopic
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Membership Level: Full

Quoting: Steve  Greenwood
How many of you remember the 1950s and 60s before the P.C. brigade started?
I remember when you could go into a toyshop and buy a Golliwog for your kids .
I remember when you could buy a jar of jam with a cute little golliwog on the label.
I remember when it was not uncommon to see notices in guest house windows that read
No blacks
No Irish
No dogs.
Those days are far behind us but has it made our society any better?
I could go on giving examples but I think you get my point.
If this gets past the in-built censor Iíll be amazed!!!

Alright Steve, I too miss the old golliwog but I don’t miss, nor do I regret the passing of the ’No blacks, No Irish, No dogs signs so at least something good came out of PC, thanks for reminding us.

A situation may be desperate but never serious
06/02/2012 12:40:41
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Colin Hall
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic
You can still buy Golliwogs in New Zealand, in fact I saw some in a shop today!
06/02/2012 12:47:50
dennis shrubshall
"Poet Ė"

If people think we were racist in the U K just refer to "The Tuskegee Airmen" and see what happened there to our brothers in arms so to speak

"Images of Life in Rhyme" is available from me and all profits go to Havens Hospice Charity. Thebook is also available on-line from fast-print.net/bookshop and all major book retailers.
06/02/2012 13:50:40
Michael Potter
"Ros Comain."

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons

Alright Alan, I can sympathise & to a degree agree with some of both Terry & Mauricesí oppinons & can understand why they should see it that way. The only fly in the ointment is when you see shadows of Mccarthyism rearing itís ugly head as shown by Michael. To the Mccarthy ultra right everything that happens or anyone who voices a different view is either Left Wing & part of the Liberal Elite or has been brainwashed by them. Michael has even, on other posts accused the current & most probably the most right wing Tory Party to gainpower as being Left Wing Liberal elite. When views like his are aired it automatically turns every thinking man against a view, that in reality, has merrits.

† Sorry Michael this is not America in the late 40ís early 50ís, this is the UK in the 22nd century there will never be a House Committee on UnBritish Activities.

Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons

Given Scouse, that you consider yourself a to be a Thinking Man, I am surprised that you are not aware of how the political system works  in this country, and, how the media is manipulated to do their bidding, in order to push through their agenda.

In relation to the right wing tories, I can only count about 80 to 100 MP,s who could be consisdered to be of that persuasion, Boy Dave and many of the others are only to happy to be in government with the Liberals, it means they do not have to take any radical decisions, eg Europe, which of course lets them of the hook, and ensures the blame will fall on the Liberals.

I was sorry to note that you are beginning to show the usual trait of the left, for when challenged, which they hate, they resort to insults.

It was great listening to the BBC this morning, subject, Terry.  How a minor incident like this can warrant all this hype, is beyond my comprehension, could it be that it is the interests of certain elements within our society to keep it on the boil!!
06/02/2012 16:06:47
Terry Carey
"Empiricist"

Start a Video/Text Chat with me now!

Quoting: Michael Potter

It was great listening to the BBC this morning, subject, Terry. †How a minor incident like this can warrant all this hype, is beyond my comprehension, could it be that it is the interests of certain elements within our society to keep it on the boil!!

I think the anwer to the question in the last sentence is an unequivocal   ’Yes.’

TC.

Aut cursu, aut cominus armis
06/02/2012 17:19:04
<< Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte,Edward Bishop
Users Here: Terry Carey
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap