Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next >>
AuthorTopic
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Membership Level: Full

Quoting: Terry Carey
Due to the stimulus provided by your last post Mike Iíve just checked my post count. †I had given up bothering ages ago but I am surprised to see that it doesnít seem to have grown much since the last time I looked - whenever that was.

Iím sure Admin are syphoning off some of mine and distributing them to others. † Considering the length of time Iíve been on here Iíd have thought there should have been more. †In fact I reckon that there must have been a cock-up a while back and I lost a few thousand.

Hey ho! †What does it matter?

Am I bothered? †Nah!

TC.

Alright Terry, I reckon that’s unfair giving your posts in Arabic numerals....here it is in a form you understand from your military days = _VMDXLVII, always here to help.

A situation may be desperate but never serious
24/01/2012 20:54:32
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Terry Carey
"Empiricist"

Operor etc

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons

Alright Terry, I reckon thatís unfair giving your posts in Arabic numerals....here it is in a form you understand from your military days = _VMDXLVII, always here to help.

Nah - you’ve got that mixed up with my birthday!!!

TC.

(BC of course)

Aut cursu, aut cominus armis
25/01/2012 17:13:54
Terry Carey
"Empiricist"

Operor etc

Who among us watched the National Television Awards last night?  I was pleased to see that the waste of time called Eastenders did not win the best soap this time around.  Why it ever does is beyond me but as usual they got some awards - notably for Best Newcomer.  How do they do it?

Coronation Street walked away with top soap but I reckon Emmerdale had a good shot although it never gets the votes.

What got me, and this will I think gladden Mike’s heart, was the way in which Bruce Forsyth finally lost my respect.  He was absolutely pathetic.  He forgot where he was up to, waffled, played around with the mikes and generally behaved like a man who has totally lost the plot.

I hope that the producers of SCD were watching and have the courage to sack him.  TV legend or not it’s time for him to bow out as gracefully as he can.  

TC.

Aut cursu, aut cominus armis
26/01/2012 14:50:29
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Membership Level: Basic
Tilt!

I watched said offering. The usual vote rigging for the comedian’s award amused me (even though the ’comedian’ Mckintyre never will!). They had a few years’ session with the cretin Gervais a while back and they seem to be doing the same with this idiot. Any one calling himself a comic because his main ’catch’ is....squealing like a stuck pig, needs a part in the stage version of Deliverance!

I only watched this farago because the TV controller in our abode wanted to watch it and there were no proper programmes on. To be honest, Terry, I was not aware that the living dead was going to be part of it. That said I was more interested in listening to Ant and Dec’s vocals to see if my belief in their eventually rising as a contender to the Morcambe and Wise crown was still ongoing. There was something there, to be fair.

I do not approve of awards for doing your job and never will until there is an awards ceremony for plumbers, shopkeepers, sheet metal workers and paper boys etc! Is that ever going to happen??? No, of course it isn’t.
It is well past time that these idiots woke up to the real world and simply got on with what they are being grossly overpaid to do.
I was pleased, however, to see that munster from Dragon’s Den totally trashed by a co ck up on the technical front which shot the images of the nominated shows through at a rate of knots. The woman looks ridiculous enough as it is but this time it was above and beyond.
Just wish the whole show had gone through at the same speed.

Terry, I knew you would get the message............eventually. I do not slag off anyone just for my personal amusement. I do it because of their pointlessness and if anyone is pointless it is that clown. Sorry, no offence to genuine clowns!

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
26/01/2012 15:12:21
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Membership Level: Basic
Hhhmmm!!!!

Well I would like to say ’Well done England’ but until the team learns that giving away penalties is not a mandatory part of the game, I will hold my tongue. They were damned lucky to finish with a two point win.

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
11/03/2012 16:50:02
<< Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap