Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Should religion be compulsorily taught in schools?
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Hot Topic >> Should religion be compulsorily taught in schools?
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Membership Level: Full
Hhhmm!!!!

There’s allus them wot turns up laert, ay it?????!!!!

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
26/11/2011 07:45:14
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Andrew Jones
"AJ"

Should religon be compulsoirly taught in schools

Firstly Mike sorry if i went beyond your subject  of religon taught in schools. I should have read the begining of the lesson first.

However i was not forced into these classes nor anybody else to my knowledge, And again i have not met anybody harmed  either.

By being taught in schools it does allow to either except this or ignore it. And to give the children a choice to go to these classes or not would start those little minds thinking. What about maths, english, history and other subjects.
26/11/2011 10:54:49
Ray Harris
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic
I was made to go to Sunday School in 1932, I along with other youngsters were given a little blue book and when you went to Sunday School during the morning and the afternoon a little black star was printed in it.  If you turned up at home with no star you were given a belting, no pocket money (which was 3d).  If you had a full book of stars you were allowed to go to the bun fight in September.  And then later on in life into the RAF where church parade was compulsory,  I got completely pissed off with church and their collections, beggars in the street were locked up when I was young but I did’nt see any of the clergy locked up, they were always begging and still are.  Church for me is a dirty word.  I have told my wife that I don’t want anyone praying over me when I expire, they only know what they have been told by next of kin but you would think that they knew them personally when you hear them speak.
26/11/2011 10:55:03
Andrew Jones
"AJ"

I would comment on your post Ray. However i would be going of the subject of the main post and be given the cane from Mr Pass. ha ha
26/11/2011 11:06:31
Andrew Jones
"AJ"

On reflection what the heck.  Marching to church on a Sunday morning was great as far as i was concerned. I was not marching around on a parade ground with a rifle on my shoulders.
26/11/2011 11:11:26
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap