Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Trooping the Colour
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Trooping the Colour
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic
Trooping

One further comment. I would like to see other NS men (50s-60s) support me here.
17/06/2005 16:03:50
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Trooping

Correction. Ref that beret. I should have said one inch above the LEFT eye and central.
17/06/2005 16:56:39
Philip Lovell
"Rocky"

SYD

Yep, old mate. . . I was National Service in the mid fifties and was a very smart Airman indeed. Beret shrunk to just right size, boots shining like mirrors, buttons gleaming and bl**dy proud of the service. Got to corporal too, which was pretty good for a National Service erk !

On a serious note. I lost several good friends, killed on National Service, so don’t let anyone run down the guys who gave two years service to the country. Some of them made the supreme sacrifice and I’ve never forgotten them !

Rocky  

Rocky
17/06/2005 17:50:44
Alan Bishop
Add Forum Tag

Quoting: Johnson
Yeah understand what ure saying, however, bullsh1t wasnít me. We never had many big parades to contend with, and if and when we did I found something else to do, to avoid getting involved. Went into HQ to look at DCIs to see what courses were available etc.

Cant understand why we donít get rid of all that pomp and bullsh1t and get on with some proper training. What a waste of a good Saturday for those that took part.

Yogi.  

Yogi, you were with the D&D’s werent you?
I did a bit of training in NI for the D&D’s and was suprised at the amount of bullsh** I encountered considering the job in hand.
Perhaps I had a hand in some of your training?
And sadly for me I trained some of the Welsh Guards at Brecon before the Falklands.
Couldnt say a thing about sending uncapable kids off on the boats like that.
To this day I still think of the 17 and 18 year old boys that we had to send there who just weren’t ready....

Be nice to your children, they choose your retirement home.....
17/06/2005 18:24:58
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Trooping.

Hi Philip. Well said, my respects. You and I had exactly the same attitude, same standards and achieved the same rank. As you said we did well in that two years and there was many thousands more like us. I really do rear up at these inept, innapropriate and ill considered comments about National Servicemen and in fact any other old servicepeople. Regards. Syd.
17/06/2005 19:03:45
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: harry nixon
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap