Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?
Get a FREE "Proud to be a Forces veteran" Badge
Show how proud you are to be a Forces Veteran with your free badge.
Click Here Now!

Forces Reunited - Trooping the Colour
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Trooping the Colour
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next >>
AuthorTopic
kevin kavanagh
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic

Quoting: Johnson
Yeah understand what ure saying, however, bullsh1t wasnít me. We never had many big parades to contend with, and if and when we did I found something else to do, to avoid getting involved. Went into HQ to look at DCIs to see what courses were available etc.

Cant understand why we donít get rid of all that pomp and bullsh1t and get on with some proper training. What a waste of a good Saturday for those that took part.

Yogi.  

YOU PROBABLY WONT BELIEVE THIS FROM A LIGHT INFANTRYMAN BUT WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT WHICHEVER REGIMENT WE WERE FROM DRILL IS THE FOUNDATION ON WHICH  ALL MILITARY TRAINING IS BASED IT FORMS THE DISCIPLINE THAT ALLOWS US TO LET MEN LOOSE WITH WEAPONS AND LIVE AMMUNITION AND GIVES THEM THE REACTIVE DISCIPLINE TO RESPOND EFFECTIVLEY TO ORDERS IN BATTLE
16/06/2005 02:42:57
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Wendy Removed
Add Forum Tag

Trooping

Jim your words just make me want to put my uniform on again and my mirror polished shoes.
Yogi, to suggest abolishing the Trooping is an insult to all who have gone before and falling straight into Blairs republican agenda. All servicemen today are volunteers and know what is expected of them when they join.
Don’t deprive those of us who get great pleasure in a Satutday afternoon watching this brilliant diplay lol.
luv, Wendy
16/06/2005 09:47:47
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Trooping etc.

Hi all. Intended as a little joke, a question - In the services does a smart....e polish it or blanco it?, Wouldnt iron it would they?  Sorry sorry sorry. I’m just leaving.
16/06/2005 09:53:36
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Trooping etc.

Hi all. Just thought I’d try to show you what old military "working" dress was like. Regards. Syd. PS. Apologies if photo does’nt show.

View Attachment View Attachment
16/06/2005 22:17:28
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Trooping etc..

Hi Yogi. They certainly were, I used to love my battledress. When first issued they were just mis-shapen sacks but once tailored and having been pressed a few times they were I think very smart. I was also fortunate in being issued with the "smoother" type shirts, not quite officer standard but far better than the normal issue.Those days, 18 years old in a smart uniform, did’nt the girls love us!. The desert KD could also be smart when freshly washed and ironed, with the collar and lapels starched. Trouble was though in the heat and dirt etc they soon looked pretty scruffy as shown in that photo. Sorry could’nt get it any bigger. Best wishes mate. Syd.
16/06/2005 22:36:28
<< Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap