Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?
Get a FREE "Proud to be a Forces veteran" Badge
Show how proud you are to be a Forces Veteran with your free badge.
Click Here Now!

Forces Reunited - Merging of Regiments
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Hot Topic >> Merging of Regiments
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Alan Derbyshire
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full
Mergers

Gordon,

Thanks for the info about the badge. You have confirmed my worst thoughts!

I expect the powers that be think by putting a crown on it it will make it more acceptable.

I will be at the annual Sherwood Forsters and WFR pilgimage at Crich, Derbyshire this Sunday. I will be seeing numerous "influential" people and will take them to task.
30/06/2005 11:02:41
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Gordon H Smith
"Old Sweat (Puddle Jumper)"

Membership Level: Basic
Alan

What a pity its this Sunday I would dearly have loved to join you (as an ex Cheshire)
Please pass on our greatings from the Stockport branch of the CRA.

Hold the line steady boys,the Old 22's are here.
30/06/2005 13:20:33
Alan Dunlop
Add Forum Tag

Its not just the infantry regiments they will be getting rid of guys.Hubby was at the Royal Tank Regiment reunion in April.Britain will no longer have a tank regiment either shortly.Thay will become ,forgive me if I dont get this quite right :the chemical,nuclear and biological regiment.Will they keep the cap badges ? No chance
30/06/2005 13:53:50
Trevor Chapman
Add Forum Tag

Merging of Regiments...

The reason for the contraction and demolition of Regiments, Corps, and the Reduction in the three Services generally, is not to save money... Every Goverment has itís own sacred cows and to feed their proclivities for whatever is their own S/Cís they need to spend ever increasing amounts of our money on them, to the detriment of the armed forces...In this they disregard their first duty, which is the protection of the nations people... The present goverment is idealogically tuned to destroying our biggest asset which is our Loyalty to the Nation State and which is fostered and strengthened in the armed forces...The only loyalty they demand is loyalty to their ideaology and eventually the Presidium which will be set up and based in Brussells...This indoctrinated loyalty will supersede all other loyalties...They are well on their way, with five more years in which to soften us up...Trev.

Last edited by Trevor Chapman

I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend the rest of my life. -- George Burns
30/06/2005 14:58:04
jim mahoney
Add Forum Tag

merging.

hello all. i am not really a firebrand but i can see in this great country of ours in 15 to30 years time with all the differing factions a bloodbath of a revolution.how can any government stop it with the few platoons we have left they will not be able to deal with a single large city.
30/06/2005 20:01:13
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: Geoffery Hardman (dec)
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap