Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Odds And Bits 76
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Odds And Bits 76
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Pamela Forbes
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full

Quoting: Keith Baron
And a few flowers.....

View Attachment View Attachment

l

Wow! Keith, your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I am really envious.  

I used to spend hours and hours gardening but now I can hardly manage 5 minutes at a time and it breaks my heart.  

Give a man an inch.........and he thinks he’s a ruler.
05/07/2010 14:26:21
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
vicky codling nee bassett
"victoria plum"

Quoting: Keith Baron

Hello Vicky - according to the RSPB they are indeed topping up their vitamin D. The birds like to sunbathe with their heads back and their beaks open. The sunshine is good for their feathers and the vitamin D makes their feathers strong.

Keith thanks for that, strange that we only see Blackbirds doing it. Your photos are as always lovely.
05/07/2010 14:57:54
Keith Baron
"K.A .The Robin"

Membership Level: Basic

Quoting: Pamela Forbes
l

Wow! Keith, your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I am really envious.  

I used to spend hours and hours gardening but now I can hardly manage 5 minutes at a time and it breaks my heart.    

Thank you for your kind words Pamela - I am sorry that you are unable to do much in the garden. I only have a small garden and I just bung in the plants and hope for the best! At this time of year I love to sit and wonder at the beauty of plants, it is so uplifting.These words are so true.....

What a desolate place would be a world without a flower! it would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the Earth, and are not our stars the flowers of Heaven?

Fortune favours the bold
05/07/2010 15:04:56
george woolley
"SIGS"

odds and bits 76

Hi Vicky .
Yes I think it is sea holly you are lucky to get it to live I have tried many times but it likes sea air  with salt in . the beach were we have just been was full of it very pretty.
Well had ten good  days good company ,good pub grub.plenty of good walks ,amd a bot or two .
I will find some pics late on ,but I am all out just done 6 hours in the garden .
take care all for now .  Put Bobby in the garden tonight very sad

Do Not Resist Growing Old Many are Denied The Privilege
05/07/2010 21:06:53
vicky codling nee bassett
"victoria plum"

odds and bits 76

George we live right near the sea so maybe thats why we can grow it.  Glad that you had a good holiday. Have you had your review yet?  I got signed off at the breast clinic,however a young friend of mine who was only in her 40’s and had 2 teenage children has just died of breast cancer. so sad.
05/07/2010 21:18:39
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap