Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Pension Excitement.
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Pension Excitement.
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
[1] 2 3 4 Next >>
AuthorTopic
walter occleston
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full
Pension Excitement.

I am coming up to 80th birthday in Dec.

I have heard a rumor that, despite the hard times this government is going through, trying to find the cash for the 50% increase the Bankers new bonuses.

They will be increasing my pension by 0.25p a week just because I haven’t died yet.

Can anyone tell me if this rumor is true. The excitement is getting unbearable, I know I should probably donate the windfall to a good cause or save it up for when I get old but I am sorely tempted to spend it.

Any Suggestions ?
03/12/2009 21:25:32
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Quoting: walter occleston

I have heard a rumor that, despite the hard times this government is going through, trying to find the cash for the 50% increase the Bankers new bonuses.

They will be increasing my pension by 0.25p a week just because I haven’t died yet.

Can anyone tell me if this rumor is true. The excitement is getting unbearable, I know I should probably donate the windfall to a good cause or save it up for when I get old but I am sorely tempted to spend it.

Any Suggestions ?

Alright Walter, No mate you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. The RSB want to pay themselves £1.5 billion in bonuses & Lord Myners, the City Minister, has told them to “come back into the real world”. The board of the RBS have threatened to resign if they don’t get the money. The question you should ask is why are the Tories the only major political party not to kick up about these obscene bonuses,  perhaps they getting a share?

A situation may be desperate but never serious
03/12/2009 23:04:30
george woolley
"SIGS"

pension excitment

Hi Walter .
You and you fantastic lady  have earned it , have drink on  Mr Brown. But I dont know what you can get for 25 p  not a glass of water that is a fact .Take care keep well and warm .

george Woolley .

Picture taken by me at 1000 ft ,rubbish I know but .

View Attachment View Attachment

Do Not Resist Growing Old Many are Denied The Privilege
04/12/2009 00:00:52
Richard Removed
"Norwegian Blue"

Membership Level: Basic

Quoting: walter occleston

Any Suggestions ?

Wally. What date is your birthday?

PS. At least you get married allowance!!!!! (assuming you are married?).

DCLXVI
04/12/2009 00:36:13
John Richards
"A Happy Poster"

That 25p is 5 bob in old money, Walter.

Enough to buy 10 Woodbines, take your lovely lady to the pictures, buy her fish’n’chips afterwards and then take her home on the bus.

The only problem is I can’t remember how long ago that was.

View Attachment View Attachment
04/12/2009 16:19:40
[1] 2 3 4 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap