Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Son of Nasi Goreng
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Son of Nasi Goreng
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 181 182 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Terry Carey
"Empiricist"

Membership Level: Full

Quoting: Mike Pass
Yo Terrace! Have you noticed the new addition yet or will it be next Christmas????
It has settled itself in the lower right hand screen.
Click ’Expand’ to open. This week I has been mostly talking to myself!
Nothing new there then. Best way to get any common sense, my mother used to say............  

When did that happen?  I log on every day, more or less, and didn’t see it yesterday.  I don’t know, the wonders of modern science and the indefatigable efforts of the boffins in FR’s back room...............makes you think!!!!

Anyway, like a good soldier I never look down - probably why I’m always falling down and tripping over high kerbs.

Terry.  

Aut cursu, aut cominus armis
25/06/2009 17:19:58
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Membership Level: Basic
SONG

I have mused upon the complaint by one member that he felt left out and lessened by my use of Latin sign offs.
Very well, far be it from me to leave anyone out due to some imagined view of my alleged superiority in the eyes of a few.
There will be no more Latin sign offs. To those who got a minor kick out of feeding them into a translator and finding out that they were just a quick one line joke, I apologise.
In future my sign offs will be in English. Personally I rarely read anyone’s but.....whatever floats your boat.
Please note also that often, they will be in question form......This is not a quiz ladies and gentlemen! They are ponderances.....nothing more.
Ah thank yo playmates.............

View Attachment View Attachment

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
27/06/2009 17:38:40
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Quoting: Mike Pass
I have mused upon the complaint by one member that he felt left out and lessened by my use of Latin sign offs.
Very well, far be it from me to leave anyone out due to some imagined view of my alleged superiority in the eyes of a few.
There will be no more Latin sign offs. To those who got a minor kick out of feeding them into a translator and finding out that they were just a quick one line joke, I apologise.
In future my sign offs will be in English. Personally I rarely read anyone’s but.....whatever floats your boat.
Please note also that often, they will be in question form......This is not a quiz ladies and gentlemen! They are ponderances.....nothing more.
Ah thank yo playmates.............

View Attachment View Attachment

Alright Mike I agree useing a dead language to finish a post is so gauche.  Este queridos vivos e pontapés.

Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons

A situation may be desperate but never serious
27/06/2009 21:14:11
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Membership Level: Basic
I could go down the Russian or German route Scouse but there would be even more whinging!!!!
Anyway, I’m off to watch ’Mumbai Calling’.........

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
27/06/2009 21:24:59
Patricia Davies
"The Huntress"

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons

Alright Mike I agree useing a dead language to finish a post is so gauche.  Este queridos vivos e pontapés.

Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons

Now I am getting really pixxed off, I like the latin, so stop using it at your peril Mike and Scouse.
27/06/2009 21:25:38
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 181 182 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap