Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?
Get a FREE "Proud to be a Forces veteran" Badge
Show how proud you are to be a Forces Veteran with your free badge.
Click Here Now!

Forces Reunited - Odds and Bits 49
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Odds and Bits 49
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28 29 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Keith Baron
"K.A .The Robin"

Membership Level: Basic
Odds and Bits 49

As Syd has suggested it is time for number 49 so here we are heading for 50 which I hope Syd will start when it is due.
Lovely photos of the snow from Graham, now that is what you call snow!
Great pictures of the roses from george and the thrushes from Syd.
Syd - ref the Spitfire I was reading in the Mail the other day about a man who built his own, I think it cost him about 70,000 and he flew it.
I think we were all fitter in our young days, I used to be a cross country runner and would run about seven miles every day before my breakfast,very fit then but have put on a couple of stone since!
Hope you are all well, enjoy your day.

Fortune favours the bold
15/02/2009 15:25:22
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Odds and Bits 49.

Hi Vicky.
Its good to see 49 and hopefully we will see 50, I doubt there will be many if any fanfares from on Site for its longevity but as long as we enjoy it so what.
 Busy busy in that garden and for sure why not, any nice spells of weather make it worth while to go out and do a bit, I  certainly am though on my limited plot thats not too hard. Gosh I wish I still had a nice big garden to play with as I once had. Speaking of Hellebores as we recently did theres a very good article in Sats Guardian Magazine concerning same, written by the great gardner Mrs Beth Chatto. Some good pics there showing some doubles as well as singles, we referred to these also recently.
Speaking of Mrs. Chatto have you ever read any of her books, if not you really should because she has a great knowledge of plants etc and this is shown in her own lovely gardens which just happen to be  a short way away from where we live.
To digress slightly though its still connected I was always a great admirer of the sadly late Mrs.Margery Fish and her also superb garden in Somerset. At one time I had all her books but foolishly when we had a notion to move house gave them to a charity shop. Bully for the charity of course but wow how I miss them now.  Anyone interested could type her name and /or East Lambrook Manor South Petherton into Google.
I bought quite a number of plants from there many years ago and still have their offspring with me today.
Back to Mrs. Chatto, she is the current Mrs. Fish I think and these two have done so very much for gardening generally I think and more especially created that interest in the more unusual and rarer plants. Greatest admiration and respects to them both.
As always these comments are made in all good faith and  apologies for any posible errors in them.
Good to hear your granddaughter is coming to stay with you, I can recall your comments in the past and both yourselves and she enjoy it immensely, super.
Keep well and very best wishes. Syd.
15/02/2009 16:32:36
Syd Smith
Add Forum Tag

Odds and Bits 49

Hi Graham. Good pics of the snow around your plot etc and although it makes for much effort clearing it and keeping things sorted its a small price to pay I think for all that beautiful scenery, peace and quiet. I’ve said it before I envy you although at the same time I am delighted for you. Gosh how I wish that circumstances whatever had caused me to make and pursue the same decision as you did to get away from it all. I always wanted to but it didnt work out sadly. Whilst my own situation is not desperate it really does peeve me to look out of my windows at the front and see nowt but .... cars parked in the Road and also in the front gardens, noise and confusion everywhere. Enjoy and do please tell us all about it still.
Best wishes. Syd.
15/02/2009 16:42:45
george woolley
"SIGS"

Membership Level: Full
odds and bits 49

Hi You all.As they say somewere .
Not much to say just sunday AM, same old thing take bobby out walkies,pick up the m o s spent three hours or so reading it  ,then lunch home made curry dont ask why  .
Eldest on the phone catching up she is comming to see us Tues,as is Grandson mumber one and  Reece with his mum taking them into the golf club pub/rest for lunch .It is in fact called the old hall hotel but set alongside the 16th hole so it is nice to eat and watch a shot or two.lets look for a summer pic .this from summer 2006 before we moved the van .

View Attachment View Attachment

Do Not Resist Growing Old Many are Denied The Privilege
15/02/2009 17:00:51
george woolley
"SIGS"

Membership Level: Full
odds and bits 49

When I walk the beaches early morning or as the sun starts to go down with a camera in hand ,I know I am in gods land ,just a few of the past years pic`s .

View Attachment View Attachment

Do Not Resist Growing Old Many are Denied The Privilege
15/02/2009 17:21:28
[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28 29 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: Murray Whyte
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap