Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - have a moan// you/v earned the right
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Hot Topic >> have a moan// you/v earned the right
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 711 712 Next >>
AuthorTopic
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Membership Level: Full
One thing that gets me is the use of "on benifits" as if this alone is a crime. The fact that some poor sod either hasn’t a job or is,for one reason or other, unable to get one is not in it’s self a reason for shame.

A situation may be desperate but never serious
13/03/2009 14:02:46
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Hhhmmm!!!!

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons
One thing that gets me is the use of "on benifits" as if this alone is a crime. The fact that some poor sod either hasnít a job or is,for one reason or other, unable to get one is not in itís self a reason for shame.  

Agreed. Most of us here have more than likely been on or, are on some kind of benefits. I have worked my roe out since leaving school but, have found myself forced to claim unemployment benefit on two occasions.
I appreciate the point being made but lets be a little less ’all emcompassing’ with our rhetoric shall we!

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
13/03/2009 14:14:32
Matthew Percival
"The friend"

can i  moan here too? after  doing 24 years  army service and  23 years  working for the army  i am being made redundant  at the  young age of 64 and 3/4, oh you may say  lots of  redundancy pay  well your wrong  we  get  3  months  pay  for  that  time  not realy  a  mint is it?now  i  must  go to the  unemployment office and  try  getting a few bob  from them till i retire in august

2 old 2 goodlooking 2day 2many mistakes 2bad
13/03/2009 16:05:05
robert wells
Add Forum Tag

got to moan now // was made redundant at 47 after 25 years at company / got a resonable pay off took to months out to look after youngest while wife worked// told at job centre i was not entitled to anything so took first job that came along// for the next 14 years stuck at job i totally hated// when your half way there you have the urge to turn around and go home// i reckon some will know what i mean// but due to commitments stuck it out// on my 61st decided enough was enough health was being affected so with familys blessing i retired// nowt worse than having to stick at a job you hate// but sometimes theres no choice// i suppose pride helped// as what i saw at job centres i was not happy with /
13/03/2009 17:55:51
robert wells
Add Forum Tag

moan today is due to a comment from wife to daughter on men // your dads never been a romantic she was telling her// true i cannot even remember birthdays mothers day valentines day / my daughters unknowing to the wife get cards for me / but there are other sides to me// great with the kids// always there for family// would give them my last pound from pocket// always give honest advice and admit when wrong eventually// think wife means surprise meal or bunch of flowers occassionaly// did put her a surprise birthday for her 40th/ i know thats 14yrs ago but it did surprise her
15/03/2009 18:29:36
<< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 711 712 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: vicky codling nee bassett
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap