Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Boots DMS
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Boots DMS
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
[1] 2 3 4 5 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Alan Bishop
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic
Boots DMS

could anyone explain the reason why I wasted so much valuable time ’burning’ the nobbly bits off my new boots?

Be nice to your children, they choose your retirement home.....
31/12/2004 12:25:03
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Andy Bell
Add Forum Tag

Boots DMS?

You were issued with boots???

My centurion only issued open toed sandals

To paraphrase our glorious Emporer at the time Claudio Schifferus who led the invasion fleet to Plymouth,

"I came, I saw, I caught something nasty, I went home"

Oh well, it is Hogmanay after all.......
31/12/2004 19:09:36
John Swift
"Still Rockin Away"

Membership Level: Full
Brain washing/Conditioning

Same applied to the belt brasses, they were all issued pitted, I think ’Brasso Ltd’ had paid somebody to issue them like that .
I was lucky, being in the T.A. first I aready had some kit including boots and belt I took the new issue belt home and my father got one of the women in his firm to buff the brasses for me.

Happy New Year John Swift  
31/12/2004 19:46:13
alan Removed
Add Forum Tag

I think therefore.....

.......I am certain that my first ever pair of DMS were issued with no pimples and we had to just shine them up, I think. The next morning it made no difference to the noise as the RSM had the parade ground covered in shingle so there was still that crunch - and of course I was the only one in step.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
31/12/2004 20:51:55
Vic Upson
Add Forum Tag

Happy Chappie

I think they replaced Ammunition Boots in 64. I was a Junior Leader in the RE at Dover.  The long corridors to our rooms where stone and in the morning you could hear the section NCO going from room to room waking us poor inmates.  Marching boots a door crashed open and some obscenities screamed.  Then more marching feet and the next door etc.  You knew just when your door would crash open.

He was then issued his pair of Boots DMS.  - Early morning silence until suddenly the door crashed open.

What a way for your nice kindly sergeant to serve your early morning cuppa ??????

25/03/2005 08:12:52
[1] 2 3 4 5 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: Terry Carey, jake Grant
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap