Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - RAF Bridgenorth.
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> Service Life >> RAF >> RAF Bridgenorth.
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
<< Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Wendy Removed
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic

Quoting: Donald Charles O’Rourke
Thanks Mike.

It does seem ludicrous when very dubious subjects are happily explored on the same web site. Surely, they can ignore the milder type of expletives or anatomical nomenclature? If not, why not? To whom do we complain? I see the ’moderator’ - whatever that position entails, is a ’Gillian Donkin ’(I think) who has herself, posted some questionable messages. I do not complain about what she has written - some of it is very amusing, I’m merely bemused by it all. Perhaps she would like to enlighten us?
Donald O’Rourke.    

Donald, I can’t think what you mean about Gillian Donkin posting questionable messages. I have never seen any such thing but if you would correct me and refer to just one message from Gilli that was "questionable" I will gladly admit my error and apologise.
28/12/2005 13:33:33
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Byron Smith
"Make peace - kill doves"

Membership Level: Full
Bridgnorth

The party was over. I had at least three haircuts in that first week.
Donald O’Rourke. (4087605)

Lol!!!  I had a similar experience.  When I was ’called up’, I was told to have my hair cut before going in, otherwise they’ll cut it all off.  When I was at Cardington, I was told that my hair was too long and I’d be better off having it cut before Bridgnorth, otherwise they’ll shave it all off.  The first day at Bridgnorth, the corporal screamed that we ’look like tramps’, and was marched to the barbers along with everyone else.  Three haicuts in a week - all part of the design to knock civvy street out of us.  Until then I wasn’t aware that hair could hurt - it was too sensitive to touch.

After we had our hair cut at Bridgnorth, we were told that everything beneath the beret belongs to us, and everything visible outside the beret belongs to HM.  I never did find out if that was fact.

Ps.  Donald, I’ve just read the threads about Gilli and I must admit that I don’t understand your comments about her either - she’s an excellent moderator, an excellent motivator, and a great person to know.  
Best regards, Byron.

Last edited by Byron Smith

Why do shytehawks crap on Mike Ayliffe's house? Answer: enjoyment!
28/12/2005 16:01:38
Donald Charles O'Rourke
Add Forum Tag

Bridgenorth

It would seem I am mistaken in mis-identifying Gillian Donkin as having posted some questionable material. I unreservedly apologise for so doing  and accept that I must be mistaken. Sorry.
Donald O’Rourke
28/12/2005 22:09:13
Site Removed
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full

Thanks Mike.

It does seem ludicrous when very dubious subjects are happily explored on the same web site. Surely, they can ignore the milder type of expletives or anatomical nomenclature? If not, why not? To whom do we complain? I see the ’moderator’ - whatever that position entails, is a ’Gillian Donkin ’(I think) who has herself, posted some questionable messages. I do not complain about what she has written - some of it is very amusing, I’m merely bemused by it all. Perhaps she would like to enlighten us?
Donald O’Rourke.    

Sorry????????????????????

The site is automated for certain words for legal reasons.
We have all had times when posts were not printed and have to accept it.

I cant think of any wrong I have done but I hold my hands up if I have done anything.

This site is Doms and any complaints about me anyone wishes to make are best sent to him.

Ive been a member for a long time and never had complaints off anyone.

Dom chose me for mod post and Im sure he will explain what the post entails and that the site has automated word blockers.

Last edited by Gilli(Mackem) Donkin

Last edited by Gilli(Mackem) Donkin
28/12/2005 23:53:51
Wendy Removed
Add Forum Tag

Gilli

Please Gilli, do not get upset over this obvious misunderstanding. Someone has made a mistake and acknowledged it.
I hope he will be big enough to apologise to you personally.
You are a king-pin of this site, nobody is more dedicated.
I really hope that all F/R members appreciate Gilli’s committment to us even as a civilian. As I have said before, Gilli would have been a great asset to any of the services.
29/12/2005 00:15:53
<< Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: Bill Murray, jack (jock) kelly
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap