Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Back to the bad old 30’s
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Hot Topic >> Back to the bad old 30’s
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next >>
AuthorTopic
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Membership Level: Full
Back to the bad old 30’s

The shadow of the great depression of the 30’s has returned to the UK. It’s now estimated that more than 13 million families are living below the poverty line & that number is expected to increase over the next 2 years. Things have got to the state that in 2011 charities opened food banks throughout the UK & now provide free food parcels containing 3 days rations for 128,687 families in the UK that can’t afford to feed themselves, the largest increase is amongst the low paid & those who have been made redundant. It’s now common for parents to go without food so they can feed their children. This is happening in one of the worlds richest countries. How can a Government that can afford the give the richest in the land an extra 5p in the pound stand back & claim we’re all in it together.

A situation may be desperate but never serious
27/04/2012 17:27:50
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Terry Carey
"Empiricist"

Back to the bad old 30s

I blame the Government - erm, the one that was in for thirteen years - you know the one!!!!

The one which left office leaving a note saying ’There’s no money left.’ and by heck, they were right.

TC.

Aut cursu, aut cominus armis
27/04/2012 19:47:20
John (scouse) Hirons
"The Dingbat"

Quoting: Terry Carey
I blame the Government - erm, the one that was in for thirteen years - you know the one!!!!

The one which left office leaving a note saying ’There’s no money left.’ and by heck, they were right.

TC.

Alright Terry, When the Tories took over in 2010 they inherited the lowest inflation rate in Europe & the US, they inherited the lowest unemployment rate in Europe & they also inherited the lowest national debt in Europe (if you don’t believe me check it out, I have) what’s happened since then? Don’t forget Osborne himself admitted this in 2011 to the (televised) Treasury Select Committee he also admitted that in two years Germany would over take us, he got that wrong as well they did it in one year. It would seem that to the Tories the operation was successful but the patient died is a fair result.

A situation may be desperate but never serious
27/04/2012 20:41:25
Mike Pass
"Stercus accidit"

Membership Level: Basic
Hhhmmm!!!!

Both of the major parties are populated by 100% gross incompetents. Labour is the party of theft and the Tories are the party of sleaze. The rest are simple zeroes!

The only current difference between the Reds and Blues is that the latter is going hell for leather to stuff the country faster than the Reds could ever achieve.

To assume that either is/was better than the other is incredibly naive. I am only grateful that I was never taken in by either of them from childhood onwards!

Damnant quod non intellegunt.
27/04/2012 23:15:40
Ally Bell
Add Forum Tag

same old,same old......

View Attachment View Attachment
28/04/2012 12:02:08
[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: Terry Carey
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap