Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - Armoured Vehicle Recognition
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> General >> Armoured Vehicle Recognition
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next >>
AuthorTopic
Phil Beacall
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full
Armoured Vehicle Recognition

As the RAF members are away Identifying Aircraft (And very Educational it is too) Here is one for the Army Members.

Rules are simple, the first person to Identify the Vehicle gets to post the next Vehicle for recognition.

It does not have to be a British Vehicle or NATO for that matter.

Here is the first one:

View Attachment View Attachment

Last edited by Phil Beacall

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle, effective as it is, cannot replace the devastation produced on the enemy by the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge, and the terror of cold steel. - British Army Cavalry training manual 1907
13/03/2012 16:22:28
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
Syd Jones
Add Forum Tag

Well Phil, The radiator end  looks  like a Rolls Royce armoured car from around 1930, but six wheels? Two Vickers machine guns, but it looks like a cast turret and I didn’t think we used them at that time.
Give up!
Cheers, Syd.
13/03/2012 17:25:42
Ray McWilliams
Add Forum Tag

Quoting: Phil Beacall
As the RAF members are away Identifying Aircraft (And very Educational it is too) Here is one for the Army Members.

Rules are simple, the first person to Identify the Vehicle gets to post the next Vehicle for recognition.

It does not have to be a British Vehicle or NATO for that matter.

Here is the first one:

View Attachment View Attachment

Last edited by Phil Beacall

Phil

May I respectfully suggest that the Army and Raf quizzes be in the General Section - Games Board which was set up because Quizzes,  Games and suchlike were bogging down the Forum.
13/03/2012 21:22:23
Tim Removed
Add Forum Tag

I do believe that is a crossley armoured car:

and PhilB has not assisted me in this recognition I’d like to add, despite the first steering wheel I sat behind being that of the Daimler Ferret and stripping a Stirling at a very tender age!

Now how do I post images? as I have a real stinker!

Last edited by Tim Hayhoe
13/03/2012 22:06:54
Colin Hall
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Basic

Quoting: Ray McWilliams

Phil

May I respectfully suggest that the Army and Raf quizzes be in the General Section - Games Board which was set up because Quizzes,  Games and suchlike were bogging down the Forum.

Ray, may I respectfully suggest that,[ and beg to differ], it doesn’t really matter where an initial post goes as long as those that follow on can find it!

I’ve not seen a thread yet that bogged down any forum, and I’ve been here a very long time.

All of these threads die eventually, regardless of where they are and in this case both are a test of General Knowledge.
13/03/2012 23:11:16
[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next >>
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap