Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - RAF. Henesford.
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> Service Life >> RAF >> RAF. Henesford.
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
AuthorTopic
Peter Ormandy
Add Forum Tag

Membership Level: Full
RAF. Henesford.

Nice to see that some other members have memories of their square bashing days at RAF. Henesford. To continue my original post, my first meal in the cookhouse, rather taken back by the hoards of bodies and the din, never have I seen  loaves of bread disappear so quickly as everyone at the table seemed to be trying to devour everything in sight like there was no tomorrow. But of course there was. I remember the bull nights so well. Cleaning broom handles using a razor blade, and the duck boards in the washroom, Emptying the coal bucket and polishing the inside then replacing the coal. carefully. I recall using a razor blade on the cork of my water bottle to clean it, after so many weeks of this treatment the cork would fall into the bottle. Using coat hangers in my folded sheets to give a nice sharp line, until discovered on inspection, and the verbal blasting that followed, I must have changed my name.
02/03/2012 20:30:57
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here:
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap