Forces Reunited

HOME    
FORCES WAR RECORDS
FORCES DISCOUNTS
 FORCES SHOP 

Community
  >> Search >> Home

You are not logged in. Click here to login or click here to register.

Turn off these pesky adverts! - What is this?

Forces Reunited - FEAR
www.forcesreunited.org.uk >> General >> Thought For The Week >> FEAR
Forces Reunited Forums
>> Post New Topic
AuthorTopic
Rev. Roger Perry
"cave adsum"

Membership Level: Full
FEAR

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
(Luke 21 vs 25—27)

Fear does strange things to us. For some, fear causes panic,  to the extent of losing control of bodily functions. It causes some to faint and even die as it says in verse 26 of this weeks reading, because their hearts fail. Yet fear can also be a driving force for others. How many soldiers I wonder, converted their fear into anger and as a result performed  heroic deeds.

I was told this story of a man driving along a road when he saw an elderly, frail looking lady needing a lift. As she settled in the car beside him, she revealed to him that she was  the terrible disease, Cholera. As he drove toward the nearby town, she assured him that she would only kill ten people in the town, she even offered him a large dagger and said that if she lied, he could kill her with the weapon.

After they had entered the town, over two hundred people died. The driver, in anger took up the dagger to stab the old lady shouting  “you lied!” at her. The old lady held her hand up saying, “wait, I only killed the ten as I said. It was fear that killed the rest.”

“Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” (Revelation 2 v 10)
27/02/2012 15:57:09
                                                   >> Edit This Post >> Quote This Post
>> Reply To This Post
Moderated By: Murray Whyte, Edward Bishop,Bob Draper
Users Here: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell
REGISTER
LOGIN
FIND FRIENDS
MILITARY NEWS
CAMPAIGNS
REUNIONS
GALLERY
FORUMS
CHAT ROOM
REMEMBRANCE
HONOUR ROLL
TESTIMONIALS
MEMORIES
COMPETITIONS
ADVERTISE
MEDIA CENTRE
WHO'S ONLINE?
AFFILIATES
FAQ/CONTACT US
ABOUT US
BLOG
BOOKMARK US
HOME
Recommend this page to a friend.
Your Name:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:

This site uses cookies. For information on this, please see our privacy policy

About Contact Us Advertise Military Records New Members Terms Military Genealogy Sitemap